The Spencerport Volunteer Firemen's Association is an all volunteer organization. We are always looking for good women and men who want to serve their community as firefighters and fire police. There are two types of membership: full membership (age 18 and up) and restricted membership (exterior only & age 17).
1) Satisfied feeling of helping out citizens in their time of need.
2) Gain experience for pursuing careers in emergency services.
3) All equipment and uniforms provided free of charge.
4) Make new friends that will last a life time.
5) Free use of fitness rooms.
6) Family Activities: Family Picnic, Kid's Christmas Party, Easter Egg Hunt, and many more.
7) Ability to join Spencerport Credit Union.
8) Annual Banquet and Dinner Meetings.
9) $200 State Tax Credit.
10) Opportunity to participate in group activities such as our department bowling team and firematic drill team.
11) Become a part of our family!
Membership Application Process
We accept applications for membership at any time, but only onboard new membership candidates during the months of February and August.
You can obtain an application from any of our three fire stations or download by clicking the appropriate link:
Please read through the entire application packet and note the process for submitting the application to the fire district via US Mail. Also, be sure to note at the top of the application if you applying for interior firefighter, exterior firefighter or fire police.
Once your application is received, new members are voted in by the Firemen's Association and then approved by the Fire District Commissioners. You will be notified of the status of your application.
The next step in the process is that you must pass a physical which is paid for by the fire district and also submit to a criminal background check. You will then be invited to a meeting with our membership committee to explain the time commitments, expectations, and our department structure to you to help you decide if joining is the right decision for you. Once approved, your next step is to participate in our in house probationary firefighter training program that is led by our fire department line officers. You will be covered by insurance while participating in District and Association functions. During your eight month probationary period from when you are voted in, you must successfully complete all required training, respond to a certain percentage of calls, participate in fundraisers, and attend monthly meetings. These requirements will be explained in more detail at your meeting with our membership committee.
We hope that you will consider joining our family!